Orcworm.co.uk
Has RuinCraft Been fixed in the Server? - Printable Version

+- Orcworm.co.uk (https://orcworm.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Has RuinCraft Been fixed in the Server? (/showthread.php?tid=1316)

Pages: 1 2

Has RuinCraft Been fixed in the Server? - Zleck - 02-21-2012

I specialize in building underground buildings and cities. So I was wondering if the runecraft mod was fixed. So I can dig in the earth and stone 3x3x3 cubic blocks at a time.

I know that runecraft has been updated for 1.1. I just don't know if the server has been updated with the new runecraft.

RE: Has RuinCraft Been fixed in the Server? - Grintendo - 02-21-2012

You spent the title wrong my friend ;p.

RE: Has RuinCraft Been fixed in the Server? - Grintendo - 02-21-2012

That was mobviously on purpose as-well!

Also, you spelt spelt wrong!

RE: Has RuinCraft Been fixed in the Server? - Koalajo - 02-21-2012

You guys are really good at helping those in need...

RE: Has RuinCraft Been fixed in the Server? - NeroTheDarklord - 02-21-2012

Okay, time to stop being useless.
For what I know, Runecraft is updated and fully functional.
The only problem you might be experiencing is that the power rune has been nerfed.
It only digs out random blocks in a 3x3x3 area now and gets weaker and weaker on effect until it is used up.
I hate this new power system that, apparently, only exists on this rune.
Alternatively to the power pick, i suggest you to use the power drill rune.
It is smaller, costs less resources, is more relyable, more controlable and overall more functional

RE: Has RuinCraft Been fixed in the Server? - Paradox74 - 02-21-2012

(02-21-2012, 11:23 PM)NeroTheDarklord Wrote: Okay, time to stop being useless.
For what I know, Runecraft is updated and fully functional.
The only problem you might be experiencing is that the power rune has been nerfed.
It only digs out random blocks in a 3x3x3 area now and gets weaker and weaker on effect until it is used up.
I hate this new power system that, apparently, only exists on this rune.
Alternatively to the power pick, i suggest you to use the power drill rune.
It is smaller, costs less resources, is more relyable, more controlable and overall more functional
pretty much that sums it up, however having done my fair share of digging i can say that for digging large areas the original power pick was far better at that, I would gladly use the more resources for the original power pick. but as it stands now the power drill pick *link* is the most efficient rune for digging.

RE: Has RuinCraft Been fixed in the Server? - NeroTheDarklord - 02-21-2012

Indeed.
The day the power pick got nerfed was a huge disappointment and caused a massive turndown of runecraft users.
Just today, i had been selling all the redstone i gathered from mining the past few days and was surprised to hear people saying 0.5 gil per redstone was overpriced.
That's how much redstone used to be worth when runecraft was used a lot.
I just cant think of any explanation why superlama decided to ruin the most useful rune of all like this.

RE: Has RuinCraft Been fixed in the Server? - PureCraft - 02-22-2012

Don't tell me you can't modify runes yourself...

RE: Has RuinCraft Been fixed in the Server? - NeroTheDarklord - 02-22-2012

(02-22-2012, 10:19 AM)PureCraft Wrote: Don't tell me you can't modify runes yourself...

That fully depends on what precisely you mean with "modify"

Modifying by editing the file.

RE: Has RuinCraft Been fixed in the Server? - Orcworm - 02-22-2012

You can't just edit the file to customize the properties of a rune, for one, such a feature doesn't exist.

RE: Has RuinCraft Been fixed in the Server? - NeroTheDarklord - 02-22-2012

(02-22-2012, 12:38 PM)Orcworm Wrote: You can't just edit the file to customize the properties of a rune, for one, such a feature doesn't exist.

Second that.
Besides... Pure... you might be used to see all sorts of corrupted staff member by now. But I dont grand myself extra rights or mess around with the server settings to my own preferences.

RE: Has RuinCraft Been fixed in the Server? - Grintendo - 02-22-2012

He's seen so many it's almost as if he *was* one himself? ;p

(02-22-2012, 01:09 PM)NeroTheDarklord Wrote:
(02-22-2012, 12:38 PM)Orcworm Wrote: You can't just edit the file to customize the properties of a rune, for one, such a feature doesn't exist.

Second that.
Besides... Pure... you might be used to see all sorts of corrupted staff member by now. But I dont grand myself extra rights or mess around with the server settings to my own preferences.
Never asked you to do it.

RE: Has RuinCraft Been fixed in the Server? - Zleck - 02-23-2012

You guys have have been really helpful, and I mean that. Thx. When I had originally saw the change in power pick, I assumed that the newer updates to mindcraft.jar 1.1 had damaged the rune. It is sad to hear it was just a nerf.

Regardless, thanks all for the quick reply.
I will be looking into the drill rune shortly.

~Z