Orcworm.co.uk
Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Printable Version

+- Orcworm.co.uk (https://orcworm.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? (/showthread.php?tid=940)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Krios101 - 01-30-2012

We've been letting a few people at a time see our new spawn and the response we get is awesum possum. We definitely have a chaos feel to the new spawn and tbh the only thing left to do on the spawn is to place the signs but if you're online on chaos get either me, grintendo or someone else to give you a tp to get a good look around.

And yeah I would like your help on this stuff when we get the main map reset and everything started up i'm gonna put myself to work getting some interesting things to explore from on the server and other stuff I have planned, just because spawn maybe done doesn't mean the build work is done so yeah I'll be happy to accept any help I get.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Grintendo - 01-30-2012

Please don't create loot in these things. And if you do make it iron tools ext, no Diamonds, just won't end well!

and also, make them warzones (look into factions plugin) then they aint being griefed ext.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - frostythetoejam - 01-30-2012

I agree with Grint. I don't think that the structures should have any loot in them. When I said that we should make sure that we have the "chaos" feel I was referring to the structures.

Ok i'll keep it in mind but how exactly how do you set up a war zone?

And I know of not to over saturate loot but it's to add some fun to the server alongside what we have now and will have in terms of exploring and seeing what you can find and explore. Ok maybe place a couple iron bars / food or coal to keep people interested but no enough to get things OTT.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - frostythetoejam - 01-30-2012

One issue with that could be that people will begin to rely on that as a source of materials.

I'm not saying stick High end loot everywhere and i don't intend on /copy and paste everything spamming it out. They will be few and far between and most of the time they won't even have loot inside them but it's just a side distraction like I said.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - purple_turtle - 01-30-2012

I'd make an intro video grint Big Grin that is after everything is sorted out races and structure wise.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - MonstaBoi - 01-31-2012

Once spawn is in place in the new map (i assume) i'll do a video, after i "spruce" things up around the warzone a bit with some craters and the like.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Albuca - 01-31-2012

I'm down for helping build.

EDIT: Btw, I like what you have done so far!

Idk what you have planned, but what about some destroyed/decaying buildings nearish to spawn. Chaosy - like they were destroyed during the war.
Vines, ladders, maybe a decrepit castle? Abandoned Mines? Burnt out Tree (used to belong to the elves) Something for the other class that I cant think of =P

EDIT EDIT: Btw, try the following command after selecting a region. (try 20x20 in the air to give you an idea) ;)
Code:
//g -h log (0.5+sin(atan2(x,z)*8)*0.2)*(sqrt(x*x+z*z)/0.5)^(-2)-1.2 < y

EDIT EDIT EDIT: I like this song (listen while playing MC lol)

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Grintendo - 01-31-2012

Sounds interesting, should definitely do that Smile.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - frostythetoejam - 01-31-2012

Maybe make it a warzone around spawn with all of theses monuments you were talking about. It would also keep spawn looking nice. Nobody could claim land right outside of spawn. It would still keep that PvP feel.

(01-31-2012, 05:10 PM)frostythetoejam Wrote: Maybe make it a warzone around spawn with all of theses monuments you were talking about. It would also keep spawn looking nice. Nobody could claim land right outside of spawn. It would still keep that PvP feel.

I agree.
And you can add more lore and such in them.

Have you looked at the plugin called residence?

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - frostythetoejam - 01-31-2012

I have not. Is it possible that you could attach a link. I'm on my phone and it doesn't allow me to search the plugins, only look at the actual page.

BUKKIT DEV
http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/residence/

WIKI
http://residencebukkitmod.wikispaces.com/

I think it's an interesting plugin. Are you suggesting that each race protects their own relic? I think that may be a nice idea.