Orcworm.co.uk
Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Printable Version

+- Orcworm.co.uk (https://orcworm.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? (/showthread.php?tid=940)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Grintendo - 01-31-2012

Ooh that looks nice, how/where do you think it'll be most effectively used?

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - frostythetoejam - 01-31-2012

I was thinking that that plugin could be used to protect each races relic/monument. Just an idea.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Albuca - 01-31-2012

You could even link the monies from the Main server with this one, so you could purchase bigger plots with your accumulated wealth.

Im not sure if SimpleClans was brought up yet, but maybe that plugin and the residence plugin could be used in conjunction?

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - frostythetoejam - 01-31-2012

Well, SimpleClans has been brought up and we sort of terminated the idea just because of the claiming land capabilities. Also we already pretty much decided that we dont want an economy in the Chaos server, but I do like the residence plugin for relic protection.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Albuca - 01-31-2012

Well if you are only going to use it for protection of the monuments, WorldGuard would be a better idea. Idk what permissions plugin you want to use, but you can easily tie a entry-allow to a group, and when they join that group they have perms to enter and edit. Or, just have it so no one can edit the monuments.

Ps. Did anyone try out that command that I posted a page back yet?

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - frostythetoejam - 02-01-2012

I think its a good idea to keep the monuments safe from editing.

Suggestion: Maybe once leaders are elected they can help make the race monuments. I think it would be cool for the influence to come from the actual faction itself.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Orcworm - 02-01-2012

Okay, this thread grew much faster than I thought it would...

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - frostythetoejam - 02-01-2012

Never judge a book by its coverTongue

So what do you think of the ideas?

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Albuca - 02-01-2012

And its been mostly on topic...

[Image: hey-look-at-that.jpg]

(02-01-2012, 02:13 AM)Albuca Wrote: And its been mostly on topic...

[Image: hey-look-at-that.jpg]

Aaaanddd these are the posts that create off-topic nonsense...Tongue

*fails to see point*

Never the less.
Continue

I think that the next step is for the admins to choose the leaders of the races, unless I have forgotten about something.

Well before that, we need to ask.

Who would like to be a leader of a race?

I think that Grintendo was intending on taking applications for race leaders.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Grintendo - 02-01-2012

Yeah i was thinking of doing so, but i'm not feeling well lately and my head isn't straight so i'm not sure if i'm going backwards here or onto something special lol.

Basicly i was researching other faction servers and found some interesting plugins ext, but *some* of them would mean huge differences, even possibly no "raiding" (with griefing) of other factions.

I'll post them here later, but i've got to be getting off now.

Just to give you a taste (no idea how it's managed) but with falsebook (the admin of a rival faction server gave me this information out of pity because he was being rude to me ;p) we can create capture-able "villages" that will give bonuses to the faction owning them. The bonuses this server had was economy linked (getting items for cheaper prices), but i'm not sure if i like economy for buying items, but i think economy could possibly work elsewhere for land claims ext (will be relevant to plugins i'll *hopefully* post later).