Orcworm.co.uk
Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Printable Version

+- Orcworm.co.uk (https://orcworm.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? (/showthread.php?tid=940)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Krios101 - 02-01-2012

Hmm yes I played with a server where it had an economy of sorts attached to it where commands actually cost you so a land claim would cost 500 and creating a facrion cost around 300, this worked quite well for a while but the small number of players and how hard it was to get money were the downfalls.

But this shouldn't turn into an economy based thing with buying and trading and I'm worried if there is a removal of raiding it will keep players away. But I'll wait until everything is revealed.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - frostythetoejam - 02-01-2012

I'm going to have to agree with Krios. I think that adding an economy will take the effect of chaos away. I also think that raiding is one of the main parts of Chaos. But we will have to see what theses plugins have to offer. As of right now I think that we should stick with the original idea and if that doesn't work then we can add stuff along the way.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Albuca - 02-01-2012

If you do create an iConomy, you can always create AdminShop signs for basic materials.

But if you do that, linking the money from Chaos to the main server would be a bad idea.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Grintendo - 02-01-2012

I totally agree economy (similar to reg server) is a bad idea, it's only possibly a great idea if it's encorporated into something other than items, because I don't like the idea of people being able to buy 20 sets of Diamond Armour by selling wood logs all day or whatever.

The only thing i'm thinking is the previous chaos didn't work. So far we've made some nice add-ons but still we're not really THAT much different from your average factions, possibly being more unique could be better, but then again by doing this i'm limiting our creative minds of how good we can make factions with all the new and interesting ideas everyone has put forward and even worked out already so far.

As for raiding, if we used the plugins (see below), you can still "raid" but you can't grief peoples homes to shit and possibly steal everything.

If we follow some of the ideas i found on my research (not saying they're better than our current ideas, just proposing them to every so we can all together work out if it has potential to be awesome/better) it'll be less "raiding" and more intensified pvp. But i do like the whole raiding myself, so if we followed down that road, it'd be good if somone (alby ;p) could work out how we could mimic the whole "Capturable towns" idea, which give bonuses ext, because that could add a lot of potentially interesting and long-winded pvp!

Anyway i'll add these plugins in one moment, barely read them to be honest, not feeling well so i don't have the brain power lol. I'm hoping someone like Alby can make the most interest out of them and make it readable to your average noob like me ;p.

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/mech-falsebook-0-92-2alpha-craftbook-for-bukkit-85ics-cauldrons-gates-minecarts-mc1-1-1846.7227/
I'm told with this we can create the "capturable towns" not sure quite how we'd manage it though!

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/sec-fun-info-chat-tp-towny-advanced-v0-79-0-0-land-control-and-town-management-1818.25101/
Would very much change the dynamic of Chaos, most likely extend "RP" but will add to the races theme and possibly "majorly" add and/or decrease PVP experience

Not sure if this is relevant at all, found it in my internet history so may as-well post it
http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/residence/

Not so relevant but possible plugins:

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/mech-fun-capturetheportal-v1-7-1-capture-the-nether-factions-1818.24324/

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/fun-citizens-v1-1-5-human-npcs-for-bukkit-1-1-r3.7173/
(not so much, unless we go with towny really)

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Albuca - 02-01-2012

Dammit! Why do I get volunteered for this shit... oh wait... I know what I am doing (most of the time) Tongue

I can give it a shot later this weekend, its run under... root... I think? So I wont be able to get into screen to restart the server to reload the plugins.

Also because I want to get the Industrial map up tonight =P

(02-01-2012, 03:48 PM)Albuca Wrote: Dammit! Why do I get volunteered for this shit... oh wait... I know what I am doing (most of the time) Tongue
Pretty much ;p

And good luck getting it running, might try it out sometime.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - frostythetoejam - 02-01-2012

I don't know about all these plugins that make it so you can't grief the base. For me that is a part of Chaos... Destruction. Also I'm not sure that linking the money system to the main server is a great idea. Some of us don't prefer the main server so we don't have much money. it would give players who do have a lot of money a huge advantage.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Jenius20 - 02-01-2012

I like the idea of raiding but maybe a plugin that makes it so you can only raid 50% or something so you don't get completely owned by one mistake. The main reason players leave current chaos is the fact that the noobs just have all their stuff destroyed so they think its a bad server and just leave, I'm not saying stop the chaos but instead make it so your raiding capabilities are limited.

Exactly, currently Chaos doesn't work, so I'm having doubts this new Chaos will be hugely different as the main reason people don't stay/come at all is insecurity.

But then again i prefer hard-core raiding and without it there's not much else to do...

I don"t want to turn chaos into something fluffy. But the main reason we play chaos is the thrill of raiding and pvp, most new players want to destroy others but can't handle when they are on the recieveing end, but I guess making it so there is a small degree of protection for whiners and whelps they will start to join, But we make this server too pvp people will complain about noobs leaving in the middle of combat.

Please don't start putting doubts in people's minds now, I can see what and how its similar to average factions so a new element is needed to make it interesting I haven't looked into all these plugins and caputuring towns is something I'm not sure on :/ I still need to look it over but feel free to prove me wrong .

I agree with the fact that we need something to maybe protect new players but hopefully we wouldn't need it.

Plus a concern of mine is how to stop obby cube bases everywhere being the norm and it just completely eliminates raiding :/

Having a large team/race would allow the players to feel that sense of security. You get raided... You work together to recover. The leaders are supposed to provide support for the race. I think that we leave raiding just the way it is.

Exactly, obby cubed bases, and i quite like the idea of actual towns that players can gang up on and steal from.

Tbh capturable towns was the one thing i was certain on really, adds guaranteed pvp spot and adds a purpose to it, i don't see the downer with it.

I think that that could be quite interesting.

But obviously no one will make huge creative towns if they can be grieifed to fuck ;p.

Well if we are to go with towns then we would need to build fortresses and main homes
To start out with for the major factions but i'm up for the idea of it. But I see it as eventually we will end up with places underground and obbyied Up.