Orcworm.co.uk
Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Printable Version

+- Orcworm.co.uk (https://orcworm.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? (/showthread.php?tid=940)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - frostythetoejam - 02-01-2012

I have a few idea regarding towns, but I want to get home to my computer. Add em in 15-20 min

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Albuca - 02-01-2012

N00bs leaving during combat?

Install combat tag... problem solved!

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - onlinerocker - 02-01-2012

Hmm, towns, I really like the sounds of that >;D.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - frostythetoejam - 02-01-2012

Im home (:

Ok so one of my ideas is that we have each race maintain a town. These towns are all in one area of land. We can have types of gameplay that involve PvP. We can get one of those capture the "blah" plugins.

We can get PvP plugins that are like a life thing. The objective would be to be the last one standing.

We could have a type of game where the objective is to be the first team to take over one of the towns.

There are lots of options that we can play with. These towns can be reset to normal after these games. Just something fun to add to the server. I think that the actual bases should be separate from these PvP games. We can also have a small PvP arena/piece of land where players can choose to fight other players. I think that it would be a good idea to make it so these games have nothing to do with faction. Getting killed during these games would have no effect on your power and your races power.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Zz_For_Dannnnn - 02-01-2012

(02-01-2012, 09:27 PM)Grintendo Wrote: But obviously no one will make huge creative towns if they can be grieifed to fuck ;p.

Couldn't we use the pre-spawned towns the map is covered in? And I suppose other people could make their own aswell.

(02-01-2012, 09:52 PM)Albuca Wrote: N00bs leaving during combat?

Install combat tag... problem solved!

Now thats something we need!

And regarding the whole load of idea's being flung about round here, athough we do need to remember limitations of Minecraft, this chaos has been a flop, whether its because of low advertisement, being a :1 server, or just plain crap, we need to change it somehow. I think these 4 'empire' factions will definitly help, giving nubs the sense of security they need, until they want to perhaps make their own faction, and also I agree we need to do something unique, maybe not completely out of the ordinary, but atleast to make the server a little less 'vanilla' and much more professional/popular.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Grintendo - 02-01-2012

I like the idea of all the main factions having a town, sadly it'll probably HAVE to be protected in some shape or form, and the plugins i posted are perfect for that as people have to earn their home in such towns

And then also, we can have between 1-4 outposts which can be captured for bonuses possibly, big changes i know but i dunno if the current factions will work out like last time?

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Krios101 - 02-01-2012

I agree with dann and we have been a bit aiming too high for trying to get to intense and overboard with the php plugins. I agree we can incorporate towns into the server, fortresses and the like for the major homes of the empire factions.

What I did with this in the first place is to change the way we played factions whilst retaining the same plugins we use currently and working within those boundaries have given us the solution we have to how to structure the factions and other things. I feel we need to add an edge to what we have but I don't want to over drown the server with the huge focus on the towns aspect and expansions of it.

But I would be open to where we can make our castles / underground cities/ tree bases for the raiding part of the factions. These would be respective to the races they were used for and this town capture worked alongside our picture of raiding and factions but with changes.

Quck Edit: How about one major town for every race with the theme of their race prominent which is a mini hub of sorts and also there is the standalone base for main leaders / ranks of the race / faction.

Also this could work with the scenario if we use towns as a hub where people who want independent factions can have them but still be an ally to a certain race but thats just a possibility to the mix. And remember there is a limit to things even minecraft!!

I think that regular bases (ones like we have currently) should house the main part of the faction. I think it would be nice to have PvP "games" on the side. I honestly think that once players join a race, they will feel safe. They will be with a team that has numbers. They are not on their own. I say we stick with the races and the regular Chaos ideas, but also add some "on the side" diversity. Lets just try it out. Changes can be made. Start small and work big. If we don't start this now, it will never get done. What do ya say?

By the way, we know the factions/races will workout. That can be supported. Lets just experiment along the way with some other stuff. (like the towns, PvP games, etc.)

Ok I reckon we could add the pvp stuff on the side AT a later date after the main launch if it goes well, but for now we need to prioritise sorting out how these towns can work if they could work with what we are planning to add a unique aspect to making this faction warfare more realistic/fun in a way.

Also I think we should start working looking at setting up leaders for factions whilst I carry on working with Jenius and reggae turtle on the Backstories other than that for now we should come to a consensus on the towns aspect.

But what's the point in having towns and then "hideouts" or whatever, everyone will store their crap in the town obviously

My point is that's no different from your average MC faction server, we tried it and it didn't work.

yeah we've got great ideas and all but i don't think it's enough really, after a few months it just gets to the point where you're hoarding away tonnes of supplies and once you raid someone you've got so much stuff and everyone else has got nothing there's not much point carrying on, you've won...

Main part of this server is teamwork and PVP aslong as we keep to them while being different we should hit some good numbers.

I see your point grint and I agree on the fact we need something to keep this unique and keep people coming to the server, but really from where I stand I believe most servers get their enjoyment and longevity increased by doing a simple reset of their maps to refresh the terrain. I would say we could maybe simply refresh the terrain or something to keep longevity.

If we keep with the town aspect then we could vary structures as the main holds, but it's either one or the other and tbh I feel we are slipping into either a black hole of dev hell or just a uneasy way forward which concerns me.

Fair, but i also feel we're just returning to shakey ground and how many times can you re-invent a server and expect people to come and try it out again...

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Blake - 02-01-2012

Towns could be trading centers? Like chest shops that are set up like

Admin Shop
B 100000Ironingot:30Goldingot S
Diamond
Or something like that, where there isn't actual currency, but items.
Towns could be safe zones, but pretty small and not frequent.

Chest shops with actual item exchange actually sounds quite good, i definitely prefer that to money tbh, but i think we'd make it almost "unfair" in the facts that you make a loss when you trade, so we don't inject loads of spawned goods into the chaos "economy".

Maybe we have huge "capitals." this is the main part of the empire. The towns must be surfaced. Somehow we make certain rules that make it so the towns can't just be slaughtered. This wiil make it so you must defend your town. I am kicking myself for making this suggestion... But maybe add limitations to use of obsidian.