Orcworm.co.uk
Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Printable Version

+- Orcworm.co.uk (https://orcworm.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? (/showthread.php?tid=940)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Grintendo - 02-01-2012

You *could* use the land claim plugin i suggested for the main "bulk" of the town, and then normal factions claims for arround the town which has expanded homes ext maybe... That way we get towns and all the goodies they bring and the faction goodies too...?

And that way there will be less underground obsidian huts.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Krios101 - 02-01-2012

*If* we were to use towns when I say town's I mean structures based on the race i.e a Jungle fortress elves, Undergound sanctuary dwarves, Traditional wooden/log occupations for orcs, and a stronghold or military encampment for the humans. But for now i'm just going to let this thing slide for the night since this is dragging into my sleeping time.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Grintendo - 02-01-2012

As it is for mine, at the risk of advertising other faction servers, i'll send you a link showing some of the ideas in reality in the form of youtube! If we do them, obviously make them relative to the race, equal(ish) size, and contain some kind of ultra big, epic scultpure/relic in the centre or something kewlio

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Albuca - 02-02-2012

How about this.

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/heroes/

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - frostythetoejam - 02-02-2012

I think that the lower factions will have the land surrounding the capital. As the ranks get higher they get deeper within the empire.

I have looked at that plugin and I think that it looks interesting. I think with that plugin and MCMMO this server could be something special. It would increase thale greatness of battles.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - purple_turtle - 02-02-2012

I personally believe that town, or castle like structures oriented around race would be good. I think the towns should, like frosty said have lower factions on the outside into the center (main power) These towns would have a theme based on their culture (elves-woodland, humans-castle, etc) Each "town" could get raided, but getting to the center would be extremely difficult. In each "town" or faction level their would be defenses set up (Think towers, craftbook fire traps, moats, bridges, etc) Invading races could take parts of the city and use them as defenses, while the defending team would move back towards the center of the town and fight from within there. Also each "class" of faction would have certain jobs such as Farming, Mining, Woodcutting, Fishing, etc. The only problem that I can think of is that this would require allot of players online at a time.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - frostythetoejam - 02-02-2012

I think that that is a great idea. I think that maybe though, within the empire, jobs should be switched up. If I were a new player I would find it boring after awhile. I think that jobs can be assigned by the empire leader. Basically I think that any of the small things within the empire should be adressed by the leader.
I also think that the leader should be able to be head-designer of the empire grounds. There just needs to be rules and regulations that apply to every base. I think that really after the basic rules are set for the server the leader can choose to do whatever he/she would like to do.

I really do think that we should start making this happen. If we don't start putting this in place then ideas will just keep flying in. We need a final decision. Like I said earlier, lets just see how it goes. Changes can and most likely will be made. I am almost certain that things will either go wrong or there wont be enough happening so we can add some of the "side" additions.

Grint, I think that maybe (if you are feeling good enough) you should put together an application for leaders. I feel that whoever the leaders are, they should have a big say on how the rest of this goes down. After all they really will be the ones actually running the server.

***EDIT*** Just thought of something that may be a bit hard to come around. How do you keep you empire protected when nobody from the empire is on?

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Albuca - 02-02-2012

LWC chests that only protect when they are not online. ;)

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Krios101 - 02-02-2012

For protecting land and stuff, we can configure plugins to protect stuff whilst people are offline in the faction if the town stuff goes ahead, But I think we should at least if we are going to be using towns then they should be a little spread out over a small area, but this idea of incorporating towns seems to me like we would be encouraging people to build towns and turn this into a smp server.

Still if someone could show me a video or scenario of how these town ideas play out in the long run. I'm still not entirely set on moving these towns and putting a heavy emphasis on towns and revolving our factions with these bases and structures.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Grintendo - 02-02-2012

(02-02-2012, 01:18 AM)purple_turtle Wrote: I personally believe that town, or castle like structures oriented around race would be good. I think the towns should, like frosty said have lower factions on the outside into the center (main power) These towns would have a theme based on their culture (elves-woodland, humans-castle, etc) Each "town" could get raided, but getting to the center would be extremely difficult. In each "town" or faction level their would be defenses set up (Think towers, craftbook fire traps, moats, bridges, etc) Invading races could take parts of the city and use them as defenses, while the defending team would move back towards the center of the town and fight from within there. Also each "class" of faction would have certain jobs such as Farming, Mining, Woodcutting, Fishing, etc. The only problem that I can think of is that this would require allot of players online at a time.

Pretty much what i'm cracking on about in a nut shell!

Basicly, if we use the land management plugin, we could allow players to buy plots ext, in the main town which will be heavily protected and (in a sense) unraidable (really, just not grief able) and from there, you can have "rings" or areas designed for each rank with different defences that has normal faction claims, so therefore the main impressive part of the town, that actually doesn't really do much, can't be fully raided like the rest of the town. Whereas, the rest can be raided like normal, and we'll find a way to limit storage in the protected areas of the town, so good "loot" will be stored in raid able areas.That way other mechanims of raiding other than just pure lowering of a factions power, can be used to invade a town Smile.

I like this, it seems we found a middle ground here, and i never really was settled on the one side.

I'd still like it if we could make capturable town(s) or area's (we could create epic structures other than your ordinary town, which have strong defenses and traps ext) that provide bonuses possibly.

As for heroes, i did find in research many decent faction servers use it, and i think it'd be a good idea. But does that mean replacing mcmmo? I think the heroes plugin allows you to level your hero? I could be wrong. And also, furthermore without getting too hasty, can we make set classes for each race/faction containing specific bonus attributes to their race, but also some more generalised bonuses, to avoid one specific "bonus" being available to each race.

In conclusion to my lengthy post ;p...

I like the use of heroes. Will it replace mcmmo?
I belive using the towny plugin for the main areas of the towns is a good idea, with capturable land surrounding it from the factions plugin.
Towns should be limited to there purposes, for example they should allow people to use farms, furnaces, and possibly exchange chest shops (item for item, not money)
I still think we should try the "capturable towns" idea if possible as it'll add heavy area(s) for pvp, and hopefully more playability.

And.... Things are going well Smile.

I'll post about faction leader(s) and Mod(s) for ALL ranks soon.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - purple_turtle - 02-02-2012

I'm not sure if this has been discussed but specialized heroes among races could have magic o.O I'm fairly sure I've seen a magic pluton before...

I do think that we should try towny and stuff, but we might end up wiping it out. It seems like many things could go wrong. Only time and testing will tell. I also think that MCMMO should be kept. I think it would be nice to have both. It will only increase the greatness of PvP.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Krios101 - 02-02-2012

Ok I propose this, how about we run a beta of sorts with towny with mc 1.1 to get an idea of how it runs and fits in with what we have? But then again in the time it takes us to set up 1.2 might have come around by then so Is it worth it?

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Grintendo - 02-02-2012

With both we'll end up with people hitting >20 hp per blow, it's probably realisticly one or the other, idk could be wrong!

And i'm strongly for the the use of towny and factions, where towny isn't used for mass storage, but rather as a "safehouse" a addition to the major factions and a place providing many helpful services.

Magic's fine and all in most cases, but realisticly i doubt people want to be majorly tied down to having to fulfil their "weaponry" in their race. Although obviously it would be nice to have each race having bonuses in their forté.

Lets just set the server and see how it goes. Again we can make changes. It won't hurt. It won't be perfect the first time through.