Orcworm.co.uk
Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Printable Version

+- Orcworm.co.uk (https://orcworm.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? (/showthread.php?tid=940)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Grintendo - 02-02-2012

Well that's where we must be careful, to get it as far close to as we can before we release since we can't re-advertise it as "new" many more times ;p.
Tbh we should just get it ready for 1.2, no point in actually letting people play it as such, because we want 1.2's expansions.

We got plenty to occupy ourselves with until 1.2, and 1.2 should be coming out soon, we just best be hoping all the plugins we need will be updated, if at all D:, quickly!

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - frostythetoejam - 02-02-2012

I see what you are saying, but I feel that we will never manage to come through with this. We need to make a final decision with what we have now. We have all of these ideas. Lets take those and make a solid plan. We need a layout/list of plugins that will be used and then make a hard set of rules.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Krios101 - 02-02-2012

Ok hold off on the idea for beta, but this idea of towny is something I'm not entirely set on, If someone can give me an overview of how this would work feel free to cover the main points on here, if anything clarification will do.

Well yeah, definitely get the server running if you like with the plugins and test them, but not too the public as anyone who visits may be thinking of trying to build up ext, and will rage once they find out it's going to disappear!

Current agreed(ish) (at least to test) are:

Towny
Factions
Heroes or Mcmmo or both
Falsebook (for capturable areas, will need albuca for this probably ;p)

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - frostythetoejam - 02-02-2012

I agree. I think that the server should be kept private for testing. When are you planning on making this test server?

Basicly we'll allow each race to have a main bulk of a town which is protected with Towny, but not actually working out as the "home" of any part of a race.

Basicly it'll supply services, a unconquerable safe hold, and possibly chest shops which allow item trading (at a loss to avoid pumping spawned items into the factions).

Outside of this will be the claims for the highest rank part of the faction.
Outside that will be rank #2
Outside that, you guessed it rank #3.

So these "Towns" are capturable and lootable and raidable. But the main part of the town isn't griefable or destroyable.

We'll limit the uses of the main town so it acts less as a faction home and more as a safehouse area and place of supplies and it will heavily add to the races theme and support the idea of joining a race, and the hostility between them.

That's MOST of what i feel it'll acomplish, i've probably missed a few things, feel free to add them if you feel it's worth mentioning!

And no planning as of yet, just came to my head now! Tongue

I don't know... Maybe the goods and all the loot should be stored at the center if the empire. Opposing teams have to work their way to the middle. I do think that item to item chest shops would be nice, but I'm not sure about a safe house. Just a small plot used for chest shops.

Well at least we got a plan of sorts. But one problem I see is new players just securing their stuff in this safe hold and just keeping it there. How are we going to set it up for personal areas of individual ranks in a faction? :S

Safe hold = No chest storage, just not griefable

Perhaps donators can buy homes here, and have limited chest access.

It's only a "safe-hold" because it's not griefable and not capturable, all the loot and worthwhile stuff (well most of it) i propose should be available for stealing. (We could make a balance here, just a suggestion since people seem to want that from what i've read ;p.)

I think that where the loot is stored should be up to the empire and its people. One rule would be that you may not store valuables in the safe house.

But i'm saying you can't store it in the "towny" area, because then it's not raidable and defeats the objective of factions.

Right, I agree with you that towny would be nice for in-empire trading.

yeah, so basicly it just adds to the racial element and allows some good pvp perks and general perks.

Exactly. So it feels like we have a pretty good idea on what we will be starting out with. Next step: applications or rules

Ok I'll be fine with what we have for now unless something comes to mind which could blow a hole in what we have i think we need to move on and up but for now we should work on sorting out rules and applications and grint STEAM NOAW!!!