Orcworm.co.uk
Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Printable Version

+- Orcworm.co.uk (https://orcworm.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? (/showthread.php?tid=940)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - frostythetoejam - 02-13-2012

I think it would be pretty cool if we had a sub-forum with a section for all of the empires too. It would just make it a bit easier for the "citizens" of the race to get in contact with their leaders.

Just PM'ed Orc so we will see what he thinks about it.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - onlinerocker - 02-14-2012

(02-13-2012, 10:59 PM)Grintendo Wrote:
(02-13-2012, 10:27 PM)onlinerocker Wrote: If we start on a base/city on a private server, could we get that transfered over when we start the new map?

If possible yes, we've already had been develop Human race home.

And Alby, but people liked having it on on raidz and what not ;p.
Ok good, because me and Sergent are working on the HQ and City on a private server atm ^^.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - frostythetoejam - 02-14-2012

Well, there is now a Chaos forum because Orc is da bomb!! So you can post videos there now if you'd like.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Blake - 02-14-2012

Could I get a summary of the new chaos server? All the ideas got lost in this 19 page thread, and it would be kinda cool to see EVERYTHING that's gunna be added. Maybe post like a description/advertisement thing in the chaos forum, as an announcement or something.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Grintendo - 02-14-2012

Nice own section.

I think we're removing towny btw. Just going to Zone it in-stead avoids complications.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Albuca - 02-14-2012

But Towny looked like so much fun!

Why not use Towny, and WG for regions you always want protected?

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Grintendo - 02-14-2012

Yeah well we were using towny for regions alone basicly.

I mean we can always use Towny with or without using it for zoning if we can find a fun use for it? Just thought it looked pretty complex and might not mix in too well ;p.

But with towny you can capture plots, towns, chunks etc. And you can declare war!

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - frostythetoejam - 02-14-2012

That's basically the factions plugin though...

(02-14-2012, 10:09 PM)frostythetoejam Wrote: That's basically the factions plugin though...

If you look at Towny, it has more of the heichary that you were wanting. At least thats what I thought.

Has the clan-type functionality with the towns and mayors and such

Towny is a plugin for a Bukkit modded Minecraft server. The plugin itself is a manager for a Resident-Town-Nation hierarchy, as well as a block permission manager for a grid-like protection system. Each town has a mayor, while a nation has a king. They both have their own assistants to help run their respective people. Players can also purchase land from the town, for a daily tax set by the mayor. The player can allow his friends from out of town to build on his land when even his very own town's people can't build if he so wishes.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Grintendo - 02-15-2012

I think land management was the problem, if memory serves correct (too late to investigate how it works at this hour) ;p
Just been further looking at towny, it's interesting...

At the moment we've agreed on ./f land claims for different ranks and world guard claims allowing land to be capturable but not griefable. (This means faction owners will need to add there clanmates to their zones)

Towny works great for the whole hierarchy but i'm not sure on land claim? And it's probably too late to make major changes now, IDK ;p.

We can also make donator plots ext which'll help run the server.