Orcworm.co.uk
Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Printable Version

+- Orcworm.co.uk (https://orcworm.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? (/showthread.php?tid=940)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Orcworm - 01-25-2012

(01-25-2012, 03:07 PM)Krios101 Wrote: Ok better spawn area is a must but i want to know if these anti xray measures have been installed onto chaos server right now and if not why aren't they

Like I said, it affects legitimate players based on their latency. At about 180ms+ every block will appear as an ore for a half second or two before it turns into it's 'real' block.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Krios101 - 01-25-2012

Ok I see that results in a problem so besides minds screwing with people and new players whats the better alternative or is build craft p2p server more worth spending time over?

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - frostythetoejam - 01-25-2012

I played on a server a awhile back and they had a very safe spawn. the way you would get to wilderness was by /wild. This could be considered, but the only issue is that on this server coords are huge and getting spawned in the wild in the opposite direction could be a bit irritating. There may be other. Ways to ensure a safe spawn.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Grintendo - 01-25-2012

(01-24-2012, 11:42 PM)frostythetoejam Wrote: I think that each of the big powers could have a intro faction where anybody can join. It could be like a waiting room almost. When the leader/leaders of the big powers get on they can initiate those new players into a puppet faction. It could almost be like a rank system where the players can move up in that "empire."

IMO perfect.

Example:

Faction [Empire]

Main faction [Empire]
-Subfaction [Empire - Majors]
-Sub Sub Faction [Empire - Soldiers]
-Sub Sub Sub Faction [Empire - Recruits]

(bad example, but you get the point ;p)

Ext ext ext..!

That, a decent spawn, and a safe spawn would hit numbers instantly IMO, but we may need a slightly different plugin? IDK, obv it can be done with current but this requires some extended "not so easy" effortz.

I for one wouldn't mind managing that, even though i *shouldn't* be getting myself involved in long term things atm ;p.

Also, thoroughly agree with

(01-25-2012, 01:11 PM)Chazdude42 Wrote: You could give new players the choice of 4 larger factions when they join, then let them join/create sub-factions that have their own, limited power within the larger faction. This would let new people to the server be part of a faction and build up trust to join people.

Kind of like having 4 different countries and letting them make/join states within their chosen country.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - frostythetoejam - 01-25-2012

I really like that grint. That's almost exactly what I was thinking. Anything that you guys would need help with ai am willing to do. I really care about this server and am willing to help work for long term things. I can do research on different plugins if needed. Just let me know... But I really love the different empire ranks deal;-)

I would love to manage one of the empires. Would it be possible to have two leaders? Because purple and I work quite well together and would be able to upkeep an empire.

I've seen similar ranking systems to this and in what i've seen we get people stretched far and few between each ranks but maybe keeping ranks down to a maximum of 3ish should make things a little more streamlined and the like, but should the sub-factions only be a passing for the major closed factions and the open factions could have their own faction which is independent but allied to them but it's just ideas atm.

How I fit into this in the long run if this goes ahead would be helping out with ideas and working out how to make some interesting features in terms of minor roleplaying and making exploration fun which is what made minecraft fun for me back in the day. This is gonna make me sound lazy but I have no experience in the technical backend of servers with plugins and the like but I have experience playing role-play and faction servers which can help out in planning out ideas and seeing how they fit in the game.

If this works I want to make it the best I can in my own way

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Jenius20 - 01-25-2012

I dont understand who is going to be the leaders of these "super" factions or empires and whats to stop the main problem of new comers at the moment, which is no one trusts anyone to join there faction as people just steal their shit and leave. How are you going to stop this. Why don't we keep the current system but introduce a way of safe guarding everything from the inside, maybe a few bases a "newb" one and a main one. The main reason i go on chaos is to play with friends and make my own faction, if i am forced to join someones faction who i don't know and be forced to help them that just wrecks the fun, if you implement a way to stop people acting like noobs and joining, then the game experience for noobs would be better.

I never said anything about deciding who gets to run the factions anyway and besides I see where you are coming from. Granted it's up to the players themselves who they let into the faction and I can see you wanting to have your own little private faction with your friends but what happens if this gets overloaded and we end up where there is an overload of private factions, nobody wants to join and we are back to square one with this.

Ok multiple bases are a good idea for new players which would be incorporated in puppet factions, but i'm not saying force players into a faction but give them the choice of four factions to choose from who they join is up to them.

I put forward the idea about tying in leaving a faction will kill them on the spot so it drops their inventory or maybe an alternative to restrict people just joining and leaving factions as they please. I said also we could have a faction which is open for all new players who can join

Rome wasn't built in a day and the problems here such as newbie backstabs and the like are something that needs working on.

Why not have 4 main big factions with allowances for private ones 2, they big ones get 2 home points for staff and noob home points and 4 people who are on regularly on volunteer to be leaders.

Ok sheltering new players in a puppet faction is one side but we would have to see how it would fit into having private groups and not so many private factions we get overloaded.

Basically what I think is that we have our 4 big powers. Each hosts their own empire. We have different ranks within each empire. One for the new players(a waiting room almost) and from there the ranks can get higher up to the big power.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Grintendo - 01-25-2012

(01-25-2012, 06:38 PM)frostythetoejam Wrote: Basically what I think is that we have our 4 big powers. Each hosts their own empire. We have different ranks within each empire. One for the new players(a waiting room almost) and from there the ranks can get higher up to the big power.

Bingo. But obviously the first few ranks may suck, since there will most likely be a lot of join -steal - quit, so we need to think of some ways around that.

Yes.... I was thinking that those first factions will be strictly for new players waiting to be inducted into the higher levels. Like I suggested earlier we could have a building at spawn for every empire. The new players will post their name if they wish to be promoted.

Also one way to prevent complete obliteration of the first rank could be what we were talking about earlier. You can only leave the faction if the leader kicks you. If you wish to leave then you contact the empire leader and a process where you will be killed to ensure no stealing.

But, like i said, what will happen to all the people, like me, who play the server as it is fun to play with friends and not hassle around with people you dont know, isnt it better to have 4 empires and have private factions, as im sure 4 people would like to have a big faction but lots wouldnt. This would be fine if you have a way to stop the join, steal, leave.

We could make a "make your own faction" option for people like you who would like to do things on your own. And if you do so choose later you may become part of the empire. It will probably be recommended that you become a part of an empire.