Orcworm.co.uk
Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Printable Version

+- Orcworm.co.uk (https://orcworm.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? (/showthread.php?tid=940)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Grintendo - 01-25-2012

I think the whole point is the server becomes a warground between 4 factions, it's a big change but i prefer it more than loads of smaller factions.

Just running through ideas.

And also Frosty, the only problem with that is people purposely grabbing shit, meeting up with friends and killing themselves ext.

It could be managed per faction, some factions can chose to let everyone have access to all chests, and others could have "chest keepers" where important loot is handed out by certain individuals ext.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - frostythetoejam - 01-25-2012

I like it grint, but we would need a plugin where chests can accessed by other empires because what is the point of a raid if you cannot get anything?

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Jenius20 - 01-25-2012

At the moment, the only way to make bases really is obsidian, if you have an empire how are you going to stop random players from leaving holes ect.
Also, if your going through with this empire business, i think each major faction could get their own base so staff, arcadia, daemons, uprising, as i dont think anyone will be to happy being in same fasction as their worst enemy

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - frostythetoejam - 01-25-2012

That is where trust will have to come in and also that's what ranks are for. Only members of the ranks can access the other bases of the lower ranks.

Atm there is no trust in the servers ranks, mabye let faction leaders /lb toolblock.

That would make sense. If the ranks are set up nicely there would be no issue with trust.

Hmm also mabye make another section on forums for chaos empires, for if i get a empire of my own (hope i do Tongue) i would make an aplication for rank promotions ect. ect.

The whole point is there is 4 main enemy factions

For example Faction 1 - "Empire" (just because it's easy to think of) Faction 2 - Rebellion, Faction 3 - Blah, Faction 4 - Blah

Each faction has sub-factions for each "level" of member.

Think of it as a extended member/mod/admin in current factions. So now we have member/mod/admin (3 ranks) per each faction level (look at my previous post to understand "faction levels").

We just need some kind of system to prevent people joining grabbing everything and quitting. Yes it's the "chaos" server, but it is a pain in the ass and can ruin a whole faction instantly.

When you think about this, the idea is to make this "Chaos" but with elements of RolePlaying

I like the forum section idea. That would make it a lot easier for the leaders. Plus it would get a some advertising out there.

Which forum section idea exactly? (Haven't read all this thread)

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Jarvisd - 01-25-2012

You guys won't add anyone but people you trust so why would any alliance 'admin' add a new guest. Limiting it to 4 factions will just result in a ton of guests with no faction. You guys are scared of people looting you. I don't see how adding a faction limit will do anything to help. You can't force people to let guests in their faction even if there is only 4 factions...

Grintendo: we thought it would be a nice idea to have a forum section for the different empires.

Jarvisd: that's why we have ranks... Its to terminate that problem.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Albuca - 01-25-2012

Make guest invincible for 30 minutes when they first join.
Unable to be killed or kill anyone.

If at all possible, req' a min of 3 people to create a faction.

Team wars sound good though, but what about "auto" teaming, where you enter the game and you are placed on one of four teams.

Tournaments, storm the castle, etc.

EX) 6 hours of building, with PVP off, and then PVP on, and you need to kill everyone else (Die/BAN for X minutes plugin) to win.
Or capture the flag.

Just throwing some ideas out there

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Zz_For_Dannnnn - 01-25-2012

Very much liking this idea so far, though we mustn't forget, chaos still needs advertising aswell as this.
Well doesn't the ranked sub-factions within each 'empire' solve the problem of a nub joining and taking everything? The master sub-faction could hold most of the empires valuables, meaning if a sub faction required say some diamonds, it would request them from the master sub-faction, or fellow sub faction. Meaning that the sub-factions would still be pretty connected and have good relations. And if thats seems too tedious, how about the whole secret chest room idea? Each sub faction could have a secret chest room, the location of which is given to a member if they are trusted enough to earn such knowledge, and maybe they'd get mod rank in that sub faction aswell.

My first post as a none staff ;D on that note, Orcnub, please give me donator rank in-game Smile

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Albuca - 01-25-2012

(01-25-2012, 09:40 PM)Zz_For_Dannnnn Wrote: Very much liking this idea so far, though we mustn't forget, chaos still needs advertising aswell as this.
Well doesn't the ranked sub-factions within each 'empire' solve the problem of a nub joining and taking everything? The master sub-faction could hold most of the empires valuables, meaning if a sub faction required say some diamonds, it would request them from the master sub-faction, or fellow sub faction. Meaning that the sub-factions would still be pretty connected and have good relations. And if thats seems too tedious, how about the whole secret chest room idea? Each sub faction could have a secret chest room, the location of which is given to a member if they are trusted enough to earn such knowledge, and maybe they'd get mod rank in that sub faction aswell.

My first post as a none staff ;D on that note, Orcnub, please give me donator rank in-game Smile

Your non-staff now too?