Orcworm.co.uk
Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Printable Version

+- Orcworm.co.uk (https://orcworm.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? (/showthread.php?tid=940)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Zz_For_Dannnnn - 01-25-2012

Yeah I was pretty inactive so I guess I was removed for that. You too?

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Albuca - 01-25-2012

(01-25-2012, 09:47 PM)Zz_For_Dannnnn Wrote: Yeah I was pretty inactive so I guess I was removed for that. You too?

lolyup.

School is priority #1, life... a close 2nd.

Yup, although I think I will be abit more active lately, not so much on the main server because it bores the hell out of me. But if this chaos idea takes off I think it should be awesome.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Grintendo - 01-25-2012

(01-25-2012, 09:08 PM)Jarvisd Wrote: You guys won't add anyone but people you trust so why would any alliance 'admin' add a new guest. Limiting it to 4 factions will just result in a ton of guests with no faction. You guys are scared of people looting you. I don't see how adding a faction limit will do anything to help. You can't force people to let guests in their faction even if there is only 4 factions...

I'm getting the vibe you didn't quite understand what i'm trying to imply, i must admit it's rather vague at this time, just an initial idea requiring more thought, but i think Dan sums it up well enough

(01-25-2012, 09:40 PM)Zz_For_Dannnnn Wrote: Very much liking this idea so far, though we mustn't forget, chaos still needs advertising aswell as this.
Well doesn't the ranked sub-factions within each 'empire' solve the problem of a nub joining and taking everything? The master sub-faction could hold most of the empires valuables, meaning if a sub faction required say some diamonds, it would request them from the master sub-faction, or fellow sub faction. Meaning that the sub-factions would still be pretty connected and have good relations. And if thats seems too tedious, how about the whole secret chest room idea? Each sub faction could have a secret chest room, the location of which is given to a member if they are trusted enough to earn such knowledge, and maybe they'd get mod rank in that sub faction aswell.

My first post as a none staff ;D on that note, Orcnub, please give me donator rank in-game Smile

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Albuca - 01-25-2012

(01-25-2012, 09:51 PM)Zz_For_Dannnnn Wrote: Yup, although I think I will be abit more active lately, not so much on the main server because it bores the hell out of me. But if this chaos idea takes off I think it should be awesome.

Me too!

There is only so much grief you can handle before it get boring.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - frostythetoejam - 01-25-2012

This is the way I think of this idea:

Country... has a President/Presidents (not sure how this works in England, but I'm just giving an example)
States... has governor/governors
Cities... has mayor/mayors
And then you have your induction faction. This faction will be open. This faction would be for the new players. If the new players would like to join a country then they join the induction faction. The president/presidents will sort the new players out. They will be sorted into the according faction.

Possible Rules: Players may not leave the "Country" without the OK of one of the presidents of that specific Country. Players of a higher rank may access the lower ranked bases/chests. Presidents have access to everything in their country. Governors have access to any of the ranks below them. Vice Presidents will be moderators in the top rank of the Country. They also have access to all ranks, but they cannot move people through the ranks, only may they kick a player. If a player is kicked they may make an appeal on the sub-forum for that country (that is only if we have one).

For the forum: We have a new section for the "Countries." Each major power could have a sub-forum. This sub-forum could be for requests, complaints, and news. Appeals can also be made here for any player that is kicked from their previous faction. The presidents will determine whether or not that player can be re-inducted into the country.

***Just an idea of the structure and rules***

That's the idea, not sure about "Countries" i'd stick with like "empire" ext, but same deal ;p.

It's all great, but we can't do it with current plugins i'm pretty sure, so unless we can find/create it, it's a no-brainer.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - frostythetoejam - 01-25-2012

Very true Grint. I will begin doing some research for some plugins that may help us out.

Also Grint haha, Its easier for me to break down countries into sections. I think the big powers should be able to call themselves whatever they want.Tongue

**Edit**
Damn! bukkit is down!

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Krios101 - 01-25-2012

This idea of sub factions in the empire helps to combat new players stealing loot but i'm worried these counter measures might detract from the fun of raiding a faction the legitimate way and stealing everything from their chest room. if someone can show me wrong then go ahead.

Edit: Ok but I don't like the idea of using countries but empires sound better to me. If anything we just turned this overhaul into a Rp server XD, But something I want to throw out there is that I don't want all the factions to just be mirror images of each other in terms of structure and everything else but maybe just keep the ranks down to a smaller number like; intro faction, lower main faction, Trusted veterans and finally leader. But in essence nice idea frosty.

(01-25-2012, 10:15 PM)Krios101 Wrote: This idea of sub factions in the empire helps to combat new players stealing loot but i'm worried these counter measures might detract from the fun of raiding a faction the legitimate way and stealing everything from their chest room. if someone can show me wrong then go ahead.

Yeh krios, I was just using countries as an example... Its easier for me to break down the idea that way. (:

Yes there are some issues we wil have to work around. I agree with you krios. We might just be able to deny access from the lower ranks into the mother base. I do think other empires should be able to get into the base and raid the chests completely. That is something to be kept in mind while searching for the right plugins.

Also Orc, are any of the permissions on the factions plugin configurable to what we are talking about or will it not support any of this.

Yes I think thats one thing we need to keep in mind, factions wont support having this sort of command of another sub faction, for that we'd need to compromise, change our plans or if we're lucky, find a plugin (perhaps an add-on to factions) that will support our ideas.

Dont go to overboard guys, MC only has a set number of plugins and can only do so much.

That's the problem potential, but not enough plugins xD.

Well no faction will have "immunity" from being raided.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Krios101 - 01-25-2012

This is gonna end up being crazy but, we can probably pull this off, I suggest we focus on how the structure is gonna work out and working out how to iron out problems relating to faction and traditional problems i.e spawn camping, X-ray that stuff should be priorities, I'll pull my weight and see how this can be pulled together and what else could be done for planning it out.

I'll do my best to try and streamline this and i've seen some amazing things pulled off in a server with the correct mix of plugins. Yet we are all working on the assumption that this is the next big thing with so many players so maybe we should start out small scale and work from there so we don't get ahead of ourselves. Just bear that in mind.

Maybe someone in the Orcworm community would be willing to help design a new plugin (if that is possible). And so far I havn't found many add-ons that wil fit our needs.Sad

Probably going to have to tone it down, but by doing that we need more protective measures, which = even further toneing down ;p.