Orcworm.co.uk
Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Printable Version

+- Orcworm.co.uk (https://orcworm.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://orcworm.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? (/showthread.php?tid=940)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Killerdonkey - 01-28-2012

Wait are you looking for race names?

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Grintendo - 01-28-2012

I think we'll stick with races.

Start out with 4, maybe upgrade to a max of 8 oneday.

Plugins wise, it's mainly just factions.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Killerdonkey - 01-28-2012

Are you looking for names for these 4 races?

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Grintendo - 01-28-2012

Pretty easy to think of some (WOW races for eg)

You can suggest some if you like.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Jenius20 - 01-29-2012

OK a few race ideas for the story line, not sure of names but i dont think they should be generic wow names, rather more fantasy names.
I realise the names are stupid but i couldnt think of any and i had some good descriptions.

The monstrous-looking race. They have bony plates instead of hair. They have yellow eyes with neither pupil or white. They judge each other's worth by variances in the color of their integument. They have no defining religion, preferring to pick and choose from the pieces of other religions. Their government is a technocracy that is inefficient. They manage to control a forest kingdom that is known for its exotic animal life. The deities that created them in turn abandoned them. Could possibly get a bonus of +50 axes at start of game.

The race of Werecats. They are famous for their weapons. A great destiny awaits them, yet they know it not.
Could start out with +50 swords as it fits their storyline.

The race of humans. They have light-colored eyes. Reincarnation is normal for them, and a part of their culture. Their magical practices focus exclusively on earth magic. They worship a single god who works via assorted servants and messengers. Most religious observation is very disordered and disorganized. They barely control an impoverished subterranean country that has been devastated by war. Could possibly start with +50 achery

The race of dwarves. They have tentacles instead of hair, and have dark eyes. They are famous for their gambling houses. They have little sense of being a separate species - and integrate well with other races. They worship a hierarchial pantheon of gods and goddesses. Their government is a magiocracy. Once slaves, they overthrew their masters and rule their realm now. They came from another dimension. Since there are no combat skills left could start with +50 mining AND +50 repairing.

Finally if you let me lead one of these races i would love to lead the "monstrous" or the "werecats" as they are my favs Tongue.
If you have any suggestions please say, also if you dont like one of the storylines i can make some more.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - purple_turtle - 01-29-2012

I've heard spawn is being built. Can we help out with that?

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - darkxephos - 01-29-2012

(01-29-2012, 09:25 AM)purple_turtle Wrote: I've heard spawn is being built. Can we help blow it up?

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Grintendo - 01-29-2012

My research shows most of the best faction servers have "heroes" plugin, and even have "heroes" you must donate to use. May look into this, could be a good idea...

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - frostythetoejam - 01-30-2012

I don't know that I like that you must donate to play the game... but if it has to be done then I understand.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Grintendo - 01-30-2012

You've miss-understood. That'd be epicly stupid.

You have the option to donate to play as other heroes, but there is many free ones available obviously.

EDIT: This is what i'm refering too

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/rpg-heroes-7-21-1k.6241/

EDIT: Also, i'm interested in creating a introduction video for Chaos, which will introduce the player to our 4 races at war theme, please let me know if you're interested in creating/helping to this, as I myself have no experience in this area lol.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - frostythetoejam - 01-30-2012

Oh... I see. Makes much more sense.

Also I would be willing to help with anything that needs to be done with thus server... Considering my 20 bajillion posts in this thread.:-P

By the way I really love this pluginBig Grin

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Zz_For_Dannnnn - 01-30-2012

Yes that plugin looks very interesting, as long as we config it right I think we're onto a winner. Maybe we could also use it to give each race an advantage, orcs could get better axe skills, humans swords, elves bows and dwarves mining? Maybe only slight, but something to give them a proper theme.

I agree Dan. I think that this will add a whole new level to our races. I think that newcomers will be able to make decisions based on what type of skill they prefer rather than just choosing "said" faction not knowing anything about it. We need to make sure that the bonuses are leveled though. I don't think that we need an OP race off the bat. Im thinking that Dwarves might need an extra skill considering they will only have a bonus on the mining skill.

Another idea: Each race could have a plethora of bonus skills. One could be the biggest bonus which would go along with the theme of the race. But then that race could have other skills. It's like mario cart for example: Each cart has different stats one being the highest.

RE: Chaos server, More players or major overhaul? - Krios101 - 01-30-2012

Ok just a little update I think is in order incase you haven't seen it.

Spawn is finished and right now i'm in the process of placing signs everywhere for basic info and the like and we need to work out some of the finer details which are mostly done e.g whether to have semi pre-built bases for the main faction and the like.

Im working on the lore for this whole thing with the 4 main races and some influences from skyrim lore and the elder scrolls lore but it's not going to be entirely a full on RP mandatory but a lore as a nice side addition to the server if you are interested, also I aim to build some in game structures which has a little backstory to them alongside small ruins and ancient outposts and a few other interesting places to go explore :p.

Also we have the factions structured and set up so we can look into setting people up to join factions of their choosing and electing leaders based on experience and other factors swell.

I really want to see the heroes plugin utilised and maybe the addition of magic but other people are a little mis informed on which races naturally has magic >>. I want to see races also get perks in terms of equipment if we can't use the heroes plugin but it's something we are looking into.

Other than that thanks everyone for the support and let's see what we can do with this now Big Grin

That's great! But is it possible to let other players who care strongly about chaos to see the spawn and maybe give a few suggestions? I would really like to be a part of the new map and helping it come together.

I would also like to help make those structures. I have many ideas that I would like to share. Although I think we need to watch what we do with the server. We still want the "Chaos" feel to be the majority of the map.